Saturday, 22 September 2007

Holiday Cottage St Andrews

Holiday Cottage St Andrews

St Andrews was granted a royal charter in 1140. The town developed as a centre of trade, its merchant burgesses building for themselves fine houses with elegant forestairs, crow-stepped gables and pantiled roofs now well known as a symbol of Fife. When the town of St Andrews declined and lost trade, the castle and cathedral fell into ruin.

Now preserved and listed the Cathedral and nearby St Andrews Castle are an interesting day trip. Stop for lunch or dinner at one of the many fine restaurants and cafes St Andrews has to offer.

Stay nearby at Lower Largo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.