St Fillans Churchyard Aberdour Fife
Located at the end of a narrow path just outside the walled gardens of Aberdour Castle. Records can be traced back to the early twelfth centurywhen the church was granted to Inchcolm Abbey in 1123.
On the North end of the terraces of the castle grounds is a beehive shaped stone dovecot or doocot, which houses 600 stone nesting boxes. Dating from the end of the 16th century it provided a rich source of food for the castle residents.
The 17th centuary walled garden encloses gardens within walls four metres high at Aberdour castle. They are covered in decorated pediments and carvings with the monogram of William, Earl of Morton and the Countess Ann.
Video Aberdour Castle Fife Scotland
The castle is located in the village of Aberdour, Fife, Scotland. Some parts of the castle date from around 1200, parts are a ruin but for the majority it is restored and of great historical interest.